So my intention is to raise awareness about Neuromylitis Optica a rare Neurological disease that I received a transplant for, and that still is my number one goal. However I have to admit that I have always been fascinated by the way the human body was created as well as the way it functions (only God could hook something up from nothing) Glory to His name Great things He has done. It is a fact that if one organ is not functioning properly it effects the entire body (side note so so thankful that throughout this medical journey my doctors have told me that my heart is as strong now as it was at age 25). I've not been told how or if NMO has had any affect on my heart but I've intentionally made some life changes that I'm sure has contributed to my heart health. There are heredity diseases that run in my family such as high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid, arthrosclerosis, and coronary artery disease, for which I cannot do anything about. After reading about each of them I understand that I have to continue making deliberate efforts to keep my heart as strong as possible.
February is National Heart Awareness month and that's why all the heart talk. Here are a few interesting facts according to the National Heart Association that may be helpful ...
- Often thought of as a man's disease 1 of every 3 women die from heart disease that equates to one woman dying/minuet
- Smoking, high blood pressure, and uncontrolled diabetes are major factors
- Only old people have heart disease
- Called the silent killer 67% of people that die from a heart attack either ignored or had no significant symptoms
- If you smoke STOP
- Reduce blood sugar
- Work on maintaining a healthy weight
- Keep blood pressure under control (hard one for me I like salty crunchy that's all, no judging we are talking bout love anyway)
- Stay active keep it moving (after being down over a year sometimes I go overboard)
- Eat well fruit, veggies, and lean meats
- Control cholesterol
Today is wear red day, the color red represents strength, joy, and power symbolizing the fight of women to end heart disease. As a Mary Kay Consultant, I am offering all red colors with a 10% discount the colors in satin finish formulas are Really Red, and Red. In the true dimension formula the colors are sizzling red and, firecracker red contact me for more information.
I realize that men suffer from heart disease and on a personal level my father had a heart attack and I am thankful for the fast action of my sister and brother that our daddy is still here with us today.
Finally, on the matter of love I personally think love is often underrated, especially when I look at how I love ... scriptures from the bible on love is the gage I use and understand how far I am from the love that Jesus teaches about, oh to be like Him (for now I'll keep on working on it).
Singing ...Yes Jesus loves me the bible tells me so